How To Approach & Assess Environmental Sustainability of Commercial Urban Farming Activities? Many reports have outlined suspicions and concerns over the real environmental impact of certain urban farming technologies/facilities despite claims made by them. To further the question and provide potential solutions to the rising greenwashing issue, the FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization) & EBRD (European Bank for Reconstruction and Development) welcomes you to join for another meeting with sustainability certifiers, LCA experts, and key figures in the relevant disciplines of urban farming to address the following topics:
- Certification standards – Current status of new certification protocols for commercial urban farming activities. What are the concerns and requested criteria for the recognition of environmental sustainability of commercial cases?
- Life Cycle Assessment – What frameworks and protocols should be applied for the sustainability assessment?
- Greenwashing risks – How to enable greater transparency of environmental impacts of commercial urban farming?
- Jacopo Monzini (FAO)
- Iride Ceccacci (EBRD)
- Henry Ernst, Assessment Manager, Control Union
- Michael Martin, Researcher, IVL – Swedish Environmental Research Institute
- Martí Rufí-Salís, Environmental LCA Specialist, 2.-0 LCA Consultants
Time and place
Friday, December 16, 2022, from 2 pm to 3:30 pm CET on the Zoom platform.
Please register for the e-dialogue: click here.
The registration for the e-dialogue is free of charge.
Upon registration, you will receive an email with the link to join the meeting
Video recordings of our previous E-dialogues are available on our YouTube Channel The New Role for Urban Farming