With more than 600 participants on our previous e-dialogues (recordings are available on our channel The New Role for Urban Farming – YouTube),
We invite you to meet again with the key players in all relevant urban farming fields and to continue the global discussion about energy efficiency and the following topics:
- Current trends of energy prices and advancements in technologies.
- More energy = more costs and more emissions. Alternatives? Solutions?
- Future perspectives in response to climate change: will the gap between traditional horticulture and vertical farming fade away?
Jacopo Monzini (FAO) and Iride Ceccacci (EBRD)
- Marc Juarez, Vice Chair of the International Association for Vertical Farming (AVF)
- Benjamin Franchetti, PhD, Director of Technology, Agricola Moderna
- Joan Muñoz Liesa, PhD, Post-doc researcher at Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
Time and place
Friday, October 28, 2022, from 2 pm to 3:30 pm CET on the Zoom platform.
Please register for the e-dialogue: click here.
The registration for the e-dialogue is free of charge.
Upon registration, you will receive an email with the link to join the meeting
Energy costs have been sky-rocketing in the past weeks driving operational costs of some of the vertical farming facilities throughout the world, up. Now, companies are seeking alternatives to either reduce their energy consumption or rely increasingly on greener energy solutions. Solar energy, windmills or geothermal are part of the ‘common’ green energy used and may soon become mainstream as it is becoming increasingly vital for indoor farming companies to decrease the costs.
Image provided by the FAO