- Bunge Limited shareholders have approved the acquisition of Viterra Limited, involving the issuance of 65,611,831 common shares.
- The shareholders also voted in favor of redomesticating the parent company of the Bunge Group from Bermuda to Switzerland.
- Bunge CEO Greg Heckman expressed gratitude for the shareholders’ confidence in the company’s strategy to become a premier global agribusiness solutions provider.
- The merger is expected to close in mid-2024, pending customary closing conditions and regulatory approvals.
- Final vote results will be filed in Form 8-K with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Bunge Limited (NYSE: BG), a leading agribusiness company, announced the outcomes of its extraordinary general meeting (EGM) held yesterday. The shareholders have given the green light to acquire Viterra Limited, including issuing 65,611,831 common shares at a par value of $0.01 per share.
A Strategic Move for Global Expansion
The shareholders also voted to redomesticate the ultimate parent company of the Bunge Group from Bermuda to Switzerland. This move is a strategic step to position Bunge as a premier global agribusiness solutions company.
Greg Heckman, the CEO of Bunge, expressed his gratitude for the shareholders’ support. “Our team is focused on effectively running our operations while also planning for a successful integration,” Heckman said. “We are committed to creating an innovative global agribusiness company well positioned to meet the demands of increasingly complex markets and better serve farmers and end-customers.”
Awaiting Regulatory Approvals
The merger is slated to close in mid-2024, subject to the satisfaction of customary closing conditions, including the receipt of necessary regulatory approvals. This merger is expected to strengthen Bunge’s position in the agribusiness sector, providing it with more resources and capabilities to serve a growing and complex market.
Transparency in Reporting
In line with regulatory requirements, the final vote results will be reported in a Form 8-K filed by Bunge with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This ensures transparency and provides all stakeholders information regarding the merger and domestication.
In summary, the approval of the acquisition of Viterra and the redomestication to Switzerland marks a significant milestone for Bunge Limited. It paves the way for the company to become a more robust and innovative player in the global agribusiness landscape, capable of meeting the complex demands of modern agriculture. With the merger expected to close in mid-2024, all eyes will be on how Bunge leverages this strategic move to enhance its market position and deliver value to its stakeholders.
Image provided by Viterra