- Commissioning of Technology Adaptation Project (TAP): CO2 GRO Inc. has initiated a TAP with a significant US greenhouse lettuce grower to evaluate the impact of their CO2 Enrichment Solutions™ on lettuce production.
- Potential Yield Increase: Preliminary results from a similar project in Colombia with a rose grower have shown a 38% yield increase, suggesting promising outcomes for the lettuce TAP.
- Financial and Ecological Benefits: The technology aims to increase yields, decrease CO2 usage, and mitigate the spread of plant pathogens, which could lead to substantial cost savings and environmental benefits.
- Expanding Market Penetration: CO2 GRO Inc. is targeting a significant expansion within the US market following the TAP, which could be replicated in other markets, given their rapid growth in global partnerships.
- Commitment to ESG Principles: CO2 GRO upholds strong Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies, aligning with global efforts for sustainable and responsible business practices.
Toronto-based CO2 GRO Inc. is making significant strides in sustainable agriculture, having recently commissioned a Technology Adaptation Project with a leading US lettuce grower. This project, set to span 12 months starting in November 2023, is a critical step in assessing the impact of CO2 GRO’s CO2 Enrichment Solutions™ on the cultivation of greenhouse lettuce. This segment is experiencing rapid growth in the agricultural industry.
The Promise of Enhanced Lettuce Yields
The participating Lettuce Grower operates over 2 million square feet of production space and is a critical player in an industry with an 8 million square feet footprint, poised to double soon. By employing CO2 GRO’s technology, the grower anticipates increased lettuce yields, product quality improvements, and significant reductions in CO2 consumption.
Evidence of Success from the Colombia Rose Project
The ongoing success of a similar project in Colombia bolsters confidence in the technology. A rose grower witnessed a 38% yield increase, equating to substantial additional revenue. Beyond yield enhancements, the technology also effectively reduced the incidence of powdery mildew, a common plant affliction, thus demonstrating the added benefit of CO2 GRO’s Pathogen Perimeter Protection™.
Impact on Business and Environment
CO2 GRO’s VP of Sales, Aaron Archibald, expressed optimism about the TAP’s market penetration implications. The technology, which facilitates direct misting of an aqueous CO2 solution onto plants, benefits growers by enabling up to 30% yield increases and healthier crops due to its pathogen suppression capability. This innovative approach also allows growers to reduce their CO2 emissions significantly, saving up to 90% of the gas typically used in traditional gassing methods.
Global Reach and Sustainability Focus
With a vision of becoming a leading player in enhancing global food production, CO2 GRO is rapidly expanding its reach. Their technology, protected by a suite of patents, is being marketed across various continents, with a business model that promises high ROI for growers and high margins for shareholders.
Significantly, CO2 GRO’s mission extends beyond profitability. The company is dedicated to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) excellence, showcasing a commitment to sustainability and equitable practices. By potentially feeding up to half a billion people while decreasing ecological footprints, CO2 GRO stands as a testament to the power of innovative technology in serving both people and the planet.