- The 4th Global Vertical Farming Show, patronized by the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, successfully concluded with attendees from over 30 countries.
- Esteemed guests included key government officials and industry leaders, all exchanging knowledge and showcasing products.
- Major companies such as Vertical Future, Foshan Growspec, GreenState, and others presented their top products and solutions.
- The event promoted food security in the region, with government representatives and Vertical Farming (VF) leaders fostering collaboration between public and private sectors.
- Next year’s 5th edition of the Global Vertical Farming Show promises to be even bigger, with registrations opening soon.
Dubai recently became the epicenter for the future of sustainable agriculture as it hosted the 4th Global Vertical Farming Show under the patronage of the Ministry of Climate Change and Environment. The two-day event ended on a note of optimism and applause.
The international gathering brought together stakeholders from more than 30 countries. It wasn’t just an event; it was a melting pot of top players from the entire vertical farming value chain, providing a space to connect, collaborate, and sow the seeds of unity for the future of this burgeoning sector.
Esteemed attendees included high-profile dignitaries such as key government officials and industry experts, converting the event into an extraordinary platform for exchanging knowledge and exhibiting products.
The exhibition floor buzzed with continuous business meetings. Leading companies, vertical farm owners, and retail chains exhibited their finest products and solutions, expressing immense satisfaction with the event’s outcome.
Food security took center stage, with key government officials underscoring their dedication to championing it within the region. Their presence highlighted their significance in sustainable agricultural practices, ensuring a consistent and dependable food supply for upcoming generations.
The event didn’t just celebrate the present; it looked to the future. It showcased the latest technologies, innovative farming methods, and advancements in vertical farming solutions. One of the primary missions was to spotlight the role of technology in reshaping vertical farming, with several engaging sessions driving this point home.
H. E. Mohammed Mousa Almeeri, Undersecretary of the Food Diversity Sector at the UAE’s Ministry of Climate Change and Environment, vocalized the need to embrace innovative farming techniques. He emphasized the UAE’s investments in vertical farming, hydroponics, sustainable practices, and its continued commitment to the future.
Prominent speakers, including H. E. Mohammed bin Obaid Al Mazrooei and Sultan Khamis Al Waheebi, highlighted vertical farming’s potential to address critical concerns like food security and climate change impacts.
The excitement for its next edition was palpable as the curtains fell on the 4th Global Vertical Farming Show. Attendees eagerly anticipate the 5th edition, scheduled for September 2024 in Dubai. With such success, the future of vertical farming, and by extension, sustainable agriculture, looks brighter than ever.
Images provided by the Global Vertical Farming Show