- Patrick Groeneveld has been appointed as the Managing Director of Horticoop, effective November 1, 2023.
- Groeneveld brings over 16 years of experience in agrifood investment and has a strong track record in the industry.
- The appointment marks a new phase for Horticoop, focusing on investments to enhance expertise, network, and growth in horticulture.
- Groeneveld succeeds Steven van Nieuwenhuijzen, who led Horticoop’s transition from a procurement to an investment cooperative.
- The new Managing Director is expected to leverage his expertise and network to make future-proof investments in the horticultural industry.
Investment cooperative Horticoop has announced the appointment of Patrick Groeneveld as its new Managing Director, effective November 1, 2023. The appointment signals a new phase for the cooperative, which is committed to ensuring the horticultural industry‘s sustainable and healthy future.
Groeneveld has over 16 years of experience as an investor in agrifood businesses and has served in various advisory and management roles. He has previously worked at Rabo Capital and was a managing partner of Nordian Capital. Most recently, he was the managing partner and co-founder of Victus Participaties, a private investment fund focused on the agrifood value chain.
A New Phase for Horticoop
With Groeneveld at the helm, Horticoop aims to invest in businesses that will enhance the cooperative’s expertise, network, and growth possibilities within the horticulture sector. Joris Elstgeest, speaking on behalf of the Board of Commissioners, stated that Groeneveld’s unique combination of industry knowledge and investment expertise will be invaluable as Horticoop embarks on its new phase.
Transition and Future Plans
Groeneveld succeeds Steven van Nieuwenhuijzen, who has successfully transitioned Horticoop from a procurement cooperative to an investment-focused entity. Under Groeneveld’s leadership, the cooperative aims to further strengthen its foundation for future-proof investments in the horticultural industry.
Image provided by Horticoop