- Moolec Science has agreed to issue a convertible note of approximately $21 million to Grupo Insud.
- The company also secured a supply agreement with Bioceres Crop Solutions for approximately 15,000 tons of HB4® soybeans.
- The total funding, including cash and in-kind contributions, amounts to approximately $30 million.
- The capital will accelerate Moolec’s business model, fund key R&D projects, and ramp up commercialization plans.
- The agreements align with Moolec’s mission to redefine animal-based food production through sustainable practices.
Moolec Science, a leader in food ingredient technology, has announced a significant capital raise through strategic partnerships. The company has secured approximately $30 million in funding, including cash and in-kind contributions, to accelerate its sustainable food production initiatives.
Moolec has entered into an agreement to issue a convertible note due 2026 to Grupo Insud in a principal amount of approximately $21 million. The note will be issued against a cash payment of $10 million and in-kind contributions from Grupo Insud. These contributions include operational services and the incorporation of Joint Venture participation initiated in 2021.
Supply Agreement with Bioceres Crop Solutions
In addition to the funding from Grupo Insud, Moolec has also secured a Memorandum of Understanding with Bioceres Crop Solutions. This agreement ensures the supply of approximately 15,000 tons of HB4® soybeans produced under regenerative agricultural practices. The soybeans come with a sustainability-linked premium and will be sourced from Generation HB4® farmers.
Use of Funds
The capital raised will strengthen Moolec’s financial position and allow the company to accelerate its business model. According to José López Lecube, Moolec’s Chief Financial Officer, the cash proceeds will continue funding key R&D projects. The in-kind contributions will secure the needed working capital to ramp up the company’s commercialization plan and product development initiatives.
The agreements highlight the importance of incorporating strategic players as shareholders. Grupo Insud, a biotech leader in life sciences, and Bioceres Crop Solutions, a top ag-biotech player, are now key partners for Moolec’s upcoming stages of development. “These engagements reinforce our vision and our shareholders’ long-term commitments,” said Gastón Paladini, Moolec’s Chief Executive Officer.