- Signify’s Digital Solutions segment, which includes horticulture lighting, reported a CSG of -4.3%.
- Despite overall softness, the segment shows strength in professional systems and services.
- The company launched Interact Space analysis, a data-driven solution for optimizing working conditions, which could be applied to indoor farming.
- The adjusted EBITA margin for the Digital Solutions segment increased by 50 basis points to 11.7%.
- Signify faces various market risks, including component shortages and geopolitical tensions, which could impact the horticulture and indoor farming segment.
Digital Solutions Segment Overview
Signify’s Digital Solutions segment, which encompasses horticulture and indoor farming lighting solutions, reported a comparable sales growth (CSG) of -4.3% in Q3 2023. Despite this decline, the segment continues to show strength in professional systems and services. However, it faced softness in the indoor professional and horticulture lighting areas.
The adjusted EBITA margin for the Digital Solutions segment increased by 50 basis points to 11.7%. This increase was mainly driven by gross margin expansion, indicating a potentially favorable environment for investment and development in specialized areas like horticulture and indoor farming.
Signify’s Q3 2023 report highlighted several risks that could impact its performance, including geopolitical tensions and component shortages. These factors could have a downstream effect on the horticulture and indoor farming segment by affecting the availability and cost of essential components.
While the company did not provide specific guidance for the horticulture and indoor farming segment, it confirmed its overall guidance for 2023. Signify expects an adjusted EBITA margin of 9.5-10.5% and free cash flow generation at the higher end of the 6-8% range.
Image provided by Signify