- Source.ag announces new appointments to its board and key management roles, including Trish Malarkey as Independent Director.
- The company recently secured $27M in Series A funding, aiming to sustainably democratize access to fruits and vegetables.
- Trish Malarkey brings extensive experience in food and agricultural innovation and is poised to guide Source.ag through its expansion phase.
- New CFO Claire Tange and CCO Derek Vreeburg will focus on financial and commercial aspects.
- Eva Laumans joins as VP of People and Culture, aiming to maintain the company’s reputation as an exceptional workplace.
Source.ag, a leading AI provider for greenhouse growers, has announced a series of new appointments to its board and key management roles. This comes on the heels of a successful Series A funding round in the first half of 2023, which raised $27 million. The new appointments aim to bolster Source.ag’s mission to democratize access to fruits and vegetables without compromising planetary sustainability.
A New Independent Director
Trish Malarkey has been appointed as the Independent Director to the board. With a career spanning over three decades in food and agricultural innovation, Malarkey has held leadership roles in research and development at multinational corporations like DSM and Syngenta. Her extensive experience makes her an invaluable asset for Source.ag’s forthcoming expansion phase.
Malarkey’s Vision for Source.ag
“I am thrilled to take on the role of Independent Director at Source.ag at a fascinating time for the company,” said Malarkey. She emphasized the growing need for sustainable and efficient food production solutions, praising Source.ag’s efforts in leveraging AI to empower growers worldwide. Malarkey is keen on supporting the company’s mission to deliver more healthy food to more people while respecting planetary boundaries.
Strengthening the Financial and Commercial Fronts
Claire Tange, the new CFO, brings her previous experience as CFO at Fastned and Dott and as the founder of Joanna Invests, a platform empowering women to become angel investors. Derek Vreeburg, who will serve as the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO), aims to cultivate robust commercial partnerships and achieve Source.ag’s ambitious growth plans globally.
Focusing on People and Culture
Eva Laumans joins as the new VP of People and Culture. With prior roles as Global HR Manager at Booking.com and Head of HR at CarNext.com, Laumans will focus on driving Source.ag’s expansion while maintaining its reputation as an exceptional workplace.
A Word from the CEO
Rien Kamman, CEO and co-founder of Source.ag, expressed his enthusiasm about the new appointments. “These exciting hires serve as the highest expression of trust in our mission and will help accelerate our ability to democratize access to fruits and vegetables,” said Kamman.
Image provided by Source.Ag