- AgriCann Solutions Corp. has acquired 100% of Newline Ventures Inc.
- The acquisition was approved unanimously at AgriCann’s April 17, 2023, AGM and is part of a definitive Share Exchange Agreement.
- The deal involves a payment of $165,000 and the issuance of 38,619,511 common shares.
- The acquisition aims to expand AgriCann’s strategic initiatives and business model, focusing on launching innovative flower products.
- Newline’s facility is built to the specifications of a Standard Cultivator and Standard Processor, enabling significant production volumes.
AgriCann Solutions Corp., a company specializing in cannabis nursery and distribution, has announced the completion of its acquisition of Newline Ventures Inc. The acquisition was unanimously approved at AgriCann’s Annual General Meeting held on April 17, 2023, and is part of a definitive Share Exchange Agreement announced on July 28, 2023.
In consideration for acquiring 100% of Newline Ventures Inc., AgriCann paid $165,000 in certified funds and issued a total of 38,619,511 common shares for $0.10 per share. The shares have been deposited with an escrow agent, and Newline shareholders have committed 11,347,555 shares to AgriCann’s new Long-Term Incentive Plan (LTIP) Awards program.
The acquisition of Newline Ventures Inc. is expected to expand AgriCann’s strategic initiatives and business model significantly. The focus will be launching innovative flower products through agreements with cannabis cultivators throughout Canada. This will allow AgriCann to offer comprehensive services from seed to sale, leveraging the company’s partners’ existing infrastructure for scalability, increased market share, and lower operating costs.
Licensing and Capabilities
Health Canada approves Newline with a medical sales, micro processing, and micro-cultivation license. This enhances AgriCann’s flexibility in operations and allows for greater control of the cannabis supply chain. The Newline facility is also built to the specifications of a Standard Cultivator and Standard Processor, eliminating any production capacity limitations per Health Canada regulations.
The acquisition is expected to facilitate AgriCann’s ability to take advantage of British Columbia’s recently passed legislation permitting direct delivery of products to retail dispensaries. It also immediately enables AgriCann to sell fresh and dried cannabis to registered patients and provincial/territorial authorized distributors/retailers.