- Biotalys, an AgTech company, has announced the appointment of Kevin Helash as its new CEO.
- Helash will replace the outgoing CEO, Patrice Sellès, who will remain in an advisory role for 30 days.
- Kevin Helash brings over 30 years of experience in the agricultural industry, including leadership roles at EnviroKure, Marrone Bio Innovations, and Agrium.
- The appointment comes as Biotalys prepares to introduce its first biocontrol product, Evoca™, to the U.S. market.
- The company aims to provide sustainable and safer alternatives to conventional chemical pesticides.
Biotalys, a Belgium-based Agricultural Technology (AgTech) company, has announced the appointment of Kevin Helash as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Director. Helash is set to assume his new role by December 1, 2023, at the latest, succeeding Patrice Sellès, the current CEO.
Patrice Sellès will step down from his position as CEO and director in mutual agreement with the company. He has agreed to remain in an advisory role for 30 days following the end of his appointment to ensure a smooth transition. Sellès expressed pride in his achievements at Biotalys during his tenure, including significant research, development, and distribution partnerships.
Experienced New Leadership
Kevin Helash is currently the CEO of EnviroKure, a U.S.-based biostimulants and biofertilizers company. He brings to Biotalys over 30 years of international experience developing and executing aggressive growth strategies in the agricultural industry. His previous roles include CEO positions at Marrone Bio Innovations and Agrinos and a vice-presidential role at Agrium, now known as Nutrien.
Simon Moroney, chairman of the board of directors at Biotalys, stated that Helash’s deep experience and successful track record in the commercialization of biological products make him an ideal candidate to lead the company into its next growth phase. This comes as Biotalys prepares to introduce its first biocontrol product, Evoca™, to the U.S. market, pending regulatory approval.
Kevin Helash expressed enthusiasm about leading Biotalys towards commercialization with its series of biocontrol product candidates. “Biological agents will play a central role in transforming the crop protection industry, and Biotalys is ideally positioned to become a major player in this market,” he said.
Image provided by Biotalys