- Elicit Plant has announced the launch of EliSun-a, a new agro-ecological innovation designed to increase sunflower yields.
- The product is the result of six years of research and focuses on phytosterol-based agro-ecological innovations.
- EliSun-a aims to alleviate water stress in sunflower crops, a pressing issue exacerbated by climate change.
- The product will be available for order throughout Europe from December 2023, targeting the 2024 growing season.
- Elicit Plant continues to innovate in the field of ecological transition for agriculture, with plans to introduce new products for straw cereals by 2025.
The Innovation: EliSun-a
EliSun-a is a product of six years of intensive research and focuses on the development of phytosterol-based agro-ecological innovations. Phytosterols are plant-derived molecules that increase plants’ resistance to stress by eliciting their natural defenses. EliSun-a aims to provide a new technology adapted to large-scale agriculture, offering significant yield improvements for extensive sunflower crops against the backdrop of climate change.
Addressing Water Stress
Water stress is a major concern for agriculture, particularly for field crops like sunflowers that often cannot benefit from integrated irrigation systems. EliSun-a aims to mitigate this issue by enhancing the plants’ natural defenses, thereby making them more resilient to water stress conditions. “Our ambition is to fast-track the agricultural world’s adaptation to manage the rapid changes brought about by climate change,” said Aymeric Molin, farmer and co-founder of Elicit Plant.
Availability and Future Plans
EliSun-a will be available for order from a network of distributors and partners throughout Europe starting in December 2023. This positions the product as a promising solution for the 2024 growing season. Jean-François Dechant, CEO of Elicit Plant, stated that by 2025, the company also plans to introduce new products for straw cereals.