- AgTech Roadmap Finalized: The Palaszczuk Government, with industry input, finalizes an AgTech Roadmap to bolster Queensland’s agricultural sector.
- Boosting High-Tech Agriculture: The roadmap aims to keep Queensland as a leading hi-tech agricultural powerhouse, building on its $24 billion gross value of production.
- Collaborative Effort: Developed in collaboration between the Queensland Government, AgTech, and industry leaders.
- Addressing Key Challenges: Adopting technologies to tackle biosecurity, labor supply, and supply chain efficiency challenges.
- Global Leadership Aspiration: Aims to position Queensland growers and producers as global leaders in the early adoption of revolutionary technologies.
The Palaszczuk Government, in collaboration with the agricultural industry and entrepreneurs, has finalized an AgTech Roadmap. This strategic plan reinforces Queensland’s position as a leading hi-tech agricultural powerhouse.
Embracing Technology in Agriculture
Queensland’s agricultural sector, with a record $24 billion gross production value, is increasingly embracing new technologies. This adoption is crucial for managing diverse challenges, including biosecurity risks, labor supply, and efficient supply chains.
Role of the Roadmap
The roadmap, released by Minister Mark Furner, guides the early adoption of technologies to enhance the value of Queensland’s agricultural produce. It represents a concerted effort to tackle global issues like climate change, labor supply, and consumer expectations.
AgTech’s Critical Role
AgTech is essential for a sustainable, trusted, productive food and agribusiness sector. Queensland’s agtech roadmap emphasizes the importance of sustainable and traceable sources for food and clothing, catering to consumer demands for ethical production.
Leadership and Innovation
The plan encourages Queensland’s primary producers to be early adopters of innovative technologies, aiming to make them global leaders in the agricultural sector. This leadership will result in more jobs, increased export earnings, and a stronger farmer’s future.