- Big Idea Ventures announces its first investments in Singapore’s New Protein Fund II accelerator companies.
- Five early-stage startups were selected for pre-seed investment in the alternative protein and food tech sectors.
- The selected companies focus on diverse technologies, ranging from cellular agriculture to alternative fats.
- The investments aim to advance sustainable and delicious food options.
- Big Idea Ventures has made over 115 early-stage investments across 30 countries in the alternative protein and ingredient categories.
Expanding the Alternative Protein Sector
Big Idea Ventures, a leading investor in alternative protein and food technology, has announced its first investments in Singapore’s New Protein Fund II accelerator companies. The firm has selected five early-stage startups for pre-seed investment as part of its bi-annual new protein accelerator program.
A Diverse Portfolio
The selected startups showcase innovative technologies in the alternative protein and fat sectors. “Entrepreneurs are solving the future of food in many different ways and tackling different pieces of the puzzle,” said Karin del Rey, Program Director in Singapore. The companies include:
- Alcheme Bio (USA): Specializes in Cellular Flavoring™, enabling early flavor measurement through analytics and bioengineering media supplements.
- Another Food (Singapore): A plant cell culture startup focusing on sustainable food made from plant cells, starting with coffee.
- Biteback Biotechnology (Singapore): Creating a scalable, sustainable alternative to palm oil using yeast and agricultural waste.
- Fattastic Technologies (Singapore): Aiming to unlock the full potential of plant-based oil with exclusive oil structuring technology.
- MarineXcell (Israel): Working on mass production of cultivated shrimp, lobster, and crab meat using a proprietary process.
Andrew D. Ive, Founder of Big Idea Ventures, encourages investors, corporate leaders, and partners to reach out to these startups. “We look forward to working closely with them on their journey to support the advancement of sustainable and delicious foods,” he said.
With these new investments, Big Idea Ventures has made over 115 early-stage investments across 30 countries, further solidifying its position as a global leader in the alternative protein and ingredient categories.
Image provided by Big Idea Ventures