- Hefty Seed Company and Meristem Crop Performance have announced a strategic alliance and supply agreement.
- The partnership aims to increase the impact of beneficial biologicals on crop production and ROI for American farmers.
- Hefty Seed will gain access to Meristem’s patented BIO-CAPSULE™ Technology for delivering a proprietary blend of microbes and micronutrients.
- The BIO-CAPSULE technology offers a new avenue for growers to use yield-improving products.
- This is the first-of-its-kind agreement for the BIO-CAPSULE technology.
Hefty Seed Company and Meristem Crop Performance Group, LLC have announced a strategic alliance and supply agreement focused on enhancing crop production and return on investment (ROI) for American farmers. The partnership will leverage Meristem’s patented BIO-CAPSULE™ Technology to deliver Hefty Seed’s proprietary blend of microbes and micronutrients.
“We are thrilled to be selected as a Hefty Seed Company go-to-market partner for delivering beneficial biologicals to their customers through our patented BIO-CAPSULE™ Technology,” said Mitch Eviston, Founder and CEO of Meristem Crop Performance. The alliance aims to bring the best in crop inputs and agronomic advice to farmers, helping them maximize the yield of every crop.
The BIO-CAPSULE technology allows for the delivery of biology, along with micronutrients and other bio-stimulants, in a talc delivery system. “It is very easy to damage living biology with micronutrients and other bio-stimulants, and by keeping the biology away from any potential harm until the grower needs it, it increases the consistency of the product’s performance,” said Matt Thompson, Hefty Naturals Brand Manager.
Benefits for Growers
As growers upgrade their planters, fewer are investing in in-furrow capabilities. The BIO-CAPSULE technology offers a new avenue for these growers to use yield-improving products. “This is an extremely exciting partnership for our customer base that will continue to advance the Hefty Naturals portfolio,” added Thompson.
About Hefty Seed Company
Hefty Seed Company is a family-owned crop input supplier known as an industry leader in agronomic recommendations and practical agronomic education. With 50 stores, the company is now the 8th largest crop protection retailer in the U.S. and ranks number 7 as a seed supplier.
About Meristem Crop Performance
Meristem Crop Performance is one of the fastest-growing crop input companies in America. The company focuses on building a highly efficient channel to bring crop inputs to market, offering substantial savings to farmers.