- Uterra, part of the multi-national UniPax Investment Group, has acquired a 33,000 m² land plot in Al Ghail Industrial Zone, Ras Al Khaimah, to build a sustainable biosphere cluster.
- The new facility will produce high-efficiency micro-biological organic fertilizers and research unique cultivation methods.
- The project aims to provide high-quality, environment-friendly products without pesticides, harmful chemicals, or GMOs.
- Uterra founder Dr. Anatoli Unitsky cites Ras Al Khaimah’s vision and logistical advantages as key factors in establishing operations there.
- RAKEZ Group CEO Ramy Jallad welcomes Uterra’s alignment with Ras Al Khaimah’s commitment to sustainability and responsible growth.
Uterra, a multi-national UniPax Investment Group subsidiary, has announced a $20 million investment in Ras Al Khaimah to establish the emirate’s first organic fertilizer project. The company has acquired a land plot of approximately 33,000 m² in Al Ghail Industrial Zone for this initiative.
The New Facility
The new facility will focus on the production of high-efficiency micro-biological organic fertilizers. In addition to fertilizer production, the facility will serve as a research hub for developing unique methods for cultivating plants, medicinal and valuable fungi. Uterra also plans to farm fruits, vegetables, and berries, both indoors and outdoors, and engage in organic animal husbandry.
The Uterra project aims to fulfill several key objectives. Firstly, it seeks to produce and implement highly efficient and profitable organic fertilizers for the UAE and global markets. Secondly, the project aims to ensure that residents of the region have access to high-quality, environment-friendly products. The ‘uTerra’ branded products will be developed without pesticides, harmful chemicals, or genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Strategic Location and Support
According to Dr. Anatoli Unitsky, the founder of Uterra and owner of UniPax, the emirate’s vision for socio-economic development influenced the decision to establish the company’s operations in Ras Al Khaimah. The emirate’s convenient logistical solutions and Etihad Rail’s upcoming launch were also advantages. Unitsky praised the RAKEZ team for their support in facilitating the new setup.
RAKEZ Welcomes Uterra
RAKEZ Group CEO Ramy Jallad expressed enthusiasm about Uterra’s entry into Ras Al Khaimah’s business ecosystem. According to Jallad, Uterra’s plans align perfectly with RAKEZ’s commitment to innovation and sustainability. “By developing organic soil fertilizers, Uterra is not only providing a solution for environmental challenges but also fostering a more sustainable agriculture sector in Ras Al Khaimah,” said Jallad.
Image provided by RAKEZ Group