- Singapore-based Aerospring Hydroponics is entering the commercial farming sector with its patented aeroponic vertical systems.
- The technology promises up to 10 times more produce and 30% greater yields than traditional farming methods, using 90% less water.
- Aerospring has a strong track record, with over 4,000 systems sold globally and a presence in 300 schools and 200 shipping vessels.
- The United States accounts for 70% of Aerospring’s annual revenue, indicating a strong market presence.
- The company aims to address modern challenges in commercial farming, including food safety, food security, and sustainability.
Entering Commercial Farming
Aerospring Hydroponics, an eight-year-old company based in Singapore, has announced its entry into the commercial farming sector. The company aims to revolutionize commercial farming practices by leveraging its patented aeroponic vertical systems. These systems can produce up to 10 times more yield than a conventional farm of the same size and use 90% less water.
Technology and Efficiency
Aerospring’s aeroponic technology allows for faster growth and healthier plants. In a commercial setting, these systems promise to grow to produce three times faster while using significantly fewer resources. The technology involves suspending plant roots in a closed environment and rinsing them with nutrient-enriched water. This results in up to 30% greater yields than traditional farming methods.
Business Track Record
The company has already sold over 4,000 of its patented hydroponic systems globally. It has an active online community of 2,500 Aerospring gardeners and has made inroads into corporate services and educational sectors. Their systems are used in over 300 schools worldwide and on over 200 shipping vessels.
The United States is Aerospring’s largest consumer market, accounting for 70% of its annual revenue. This indicates a strong market presence and potential for growth, especially in the commercial farming sector.
Sustainability and Future Goals
Aerospring aims to address the pressing challenges of food safety, food security, and sustainability. The company’s mission is to empower people to take control of their food sources and inspire the next generation to live more sustainably. Their systems are designed for scalability, allowing commercial farms to customize the capacity of each vertical pole to meet yield targets.
Image provided by Aeropspring Hydroponics