The Missouri Department of Agriculture has unveiled a new funding initiative, the Urban Agriculture Cost-Share Grant Program. This program bolsters urban agriculture and economic development in designated urbanized areas. Successful applicants can receive grants of up to $10,000, covering 75% of their total project expenses incurred during the grant period. The deadline for applications is September 15, 2023.
- The grant will support urban agriculture projects that introduce new crops or products, expand the use of existing agricultural products, or add value to them.
- Projects that showcase economic benefits, sustainable revenue generation, and potential job creation will be prioritized.
- Potential projects can include establishing small agribusinesses, establishing production infrastructure, creating direct distribution venues, and offering sustainability training for agricultural businesses.
- To be eligible, projects must be located in areas recognized as urbanized by the 2020 United States Census Bureau.
- All awarded projects should be completed or nearing completion and ready for inspection by April 30, 2024.
- The anticipated date for grant awards is mid-October 2023.
- Comprehensive details about the grant, including application forms, guidelines, and requirements, are available on the official website: Missouri Department of Agriculture – Urban Agriculture Cost-Share Grant Program.