- Gold Leaf Farming shifts its investment structure to attract potential investors.
- The company has merged most farms into one core partnership, Gold Leaf Farming LP.
- The new structure aims to offer immediate, diversified exposure to specialty farmland.
- The LP owns and operates 16 almond and pistachio farms, targeting a 14-18% net IRR.
- The firm invites accredited investors to explore this investment opportunity in an asset class known for cash flow, stability, and diversification.
Gold Leaf Farming, a sustainable farming company based in Modesto, California, has announced a significant change in its investment structure. The firm recently merged most of its approximately 25 farms into one core partnership, Gold Leaf Farming LP, to offer investors immediate, diversified exposure to specialty farmland.
A Shift in Investment Structure
By transitioning from a deal-by-deal model to a holding company model, the company aims to streamline the investment process. The new structure is designed to attract larger investors previously deterred by the smaller deal sizes ranging from $2 million to $15 million. The firm’s cashflow-focused offering owns and operates a diverse portfolio comprising 16 almond and pistachio farms and seeks to deliver a 14-18% net IRR.
About Gold Leaf Farming
Founded in 2017, the company owns and operates approximately 12,000 acres of almond and pistachio orchards and manages around $350 million of farmland. Unlike many other agricultural firms, the company employs an operationally focused approach, with all farms operated by the company’s employees rather than third-party management companies. The firm also employs in-house agronomists and farmers who operate the farms daily.
Sustainability and Returns
Gold Leaf Farming is committed to sustainable agriculture and aims to align economic returns with sustainability. The company employs strategies to regenerate rather than deplete soils and natural resources. It seeks new capital partners who share its long-term vision for sustainable specialty agriculture, aiming to drive higher returns through organic farming, strategic use of AgTech, and investment in building the best team in agriculture.